Send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by May 1, 2021
Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church is looking for a Coordinator/Director of Youth and Family Ministry to lead us in reshaping our faith formation ministry with children, youth and families. The coordinator/director will be responsible for the development and administration of diversified, effective Christian Education and Youth Ministry for all ages to young adulthood. They are accountable to the Lead Pastor and will work in partnership with the Youth and Education Committee.
- Ability to nurture meaningful connections with people of diverse ages
- Approachable, hospitable, inviting, and committed to confidentiality
- Strong self-care and a healthy sense of boundaries
- Possesses skills for “second chair” collaborative leadership – motivating and empowering others to shine
- Self-motivated and exhibits a drive to implement tasks and plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in youth ministry, faith formation, education OR equivalent experience [e.g. three years in a previous faith formation position]
- Effective oral and written communication skills, especially using technology and social media
- Experience with planning, organizing, and equipping teams and individuals
- Rooted in scripture and committed to supporting ELCA teachings (especially regarding inclusion and diversity)
- Master’s Degree in ministry with children, youth, and families, faith formation OR equivalent experience [ e.g. five years in a previous faith formation position]
- Rostered Minister of Word and Service
- Leadership experience in programs or initiatives involving the wider community, outside the “walls” of an individual congregation
- Experience working within or with public schools
- Oversee the congregation’s ministry with children, youth and their families.
- Equip and train teachers, small group leaders, mentors, etc.
- Provide significant “hands-on” attention to ministry with teenagers
- Build a network of intergenerational relationships within both congregation and larger community
- Work to integrate children and youth into worship leadership
- Participate in collegial ministry networks, such as the Northwest Synod of Wisconsin Youth Ministry Network and the ELCA Youth Ministry Network
- Develop and execute annual financial plans in consultation with the Youth and Education Ministry committee
- Manage and maintain accurate financial records
- Ensure that student/family information forms are completed and stored
- Execute background checks as needed
- Attend the following meetings:
- Weekly Staff meetings
- Monthly Youth and Education Committee meetings
- Church Council meetings [as needed]
- OSLC Annual Meeting
- Community meetings focused on youth and families as requested or interested
- Strengthen personal spiritual growth including regular worship attendance
- Other duties as negotiated
What you can expect from us:
- Prayers and support from the congregation, leadership, and staff
- Receive a 3-month, 6-month, and annual review your first year, along with an annual review thereafter
- Personal office space with necessary office equipment and supplies
- Mileage reimbursement for work-related use of vehicle (at current IRS rate)
- Continuing education allowance as well as phone allowance
- Flexible working hours with tele-commuting possibilities
- A caring, supportive, and nurturing work environment with a commitment to collaboration and innovation
Hours and Compensation
Full-time position with benefits, following the Guidelines for the Northwest Synod of Wisconsin. Salary Range: $32,000 to $36,000.
Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church, Chippewa Falls, WI
Mission: Living God’s love through word and deed.
Vision: Welcome all, nurture relationships, and serve those in need.
Values: Grace and Hope – Diversity and Justice – Listen and Learn