Each year the Spirit of Christmas of Chippewa County (SOC) receives and distributes Christmas gifts to families in Chippewa County who are in need. This is a great way to get into the holiday spirit and to brighten the season for someone in our community. It’s a wonderful feeling to find that “perfect gift” for someone who will truly appreciate it.
You can help with this program in several ways:
- Take an ornament from the tree in the Narthex. Each ornament has a list of items that have been requested by a child in the area. Please return the ornament and an unwrapped gift.
- Donate a gift. Suggestions for gifts are new toys, books, puzzles, games, craft items, blankets and bedding, hats and mittens, clothing and shoes, etc. You can drop off your new, unwrapped gifts at: Central Lutheran Church, 28 East Columbia Street, Chippewa Falls – Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- Make a monetary donation. The SOC will use the money to purchase gifts for local families. You can place your donation in the offering plate (state that it is for SOC) or mail it to: Spirit of Christmas, P.O. Box 831, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729.
- Sponsor a family. You can provide gifts, non-perishable food items and/or monetary assistance to a family. Contact SOC at (715)-723-2123
- Volunteer. The SOC has no paid staff members, so they rely solely on volunteers to do a variety of activities such as processing applications and distributing gifts and food. The SOC meets at the Chippewa Falls Public Library at 6:30pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.