Worship in the Sanctuary
IF – and that’s an important IF – the numbers continue trending well, worship will be offered in the sanctuary on Easter Sunday, April 4 at 8 a.m. Assuming that all goes well, we will continue this practice.
Because we love one another and are committed to protecting one another’s health, our safety protocols will include:
- Facemasks are required (yes, even if you have received your vaccine) and facemasks will be provided for any who needs one.
- Some pews will be blocked off to ensure the use only of every third pew.
- Worshippers are encouraged to sit near the aisle, thus two small households could share the same pew with plenty of distance remaining between them.
- There will be NO singing – this will be a spoken-only worship service. Instrumental music will be provided as prelude and postlude.
- Copies of a printed order of service will available in the pews. Projection will not be offered.
- Worship will include communion. Ushers will distribute the individually-sealed cups before the service. Options include wine or juice as well as gluten-free.
- The worship service will be limited to 20 minutes.
- Please keep any coats or jackets with you in the pew and refrain from using the coatracks.
- Worshippers will be ushered out, leaving the church through the door near the Fellowship Hall. This allows set-up to begin for parking lot worship.
- Any visiting will need to take place outside.