September 8: God’s Work. Our Hands
We will join efforts with English Lutheran, Bateman for God’s Work Our Hands
The day’s schedule includes:
8:30 a.m. Worship at Irvine Park
Soon after 9 a.m. Head to the Pavilion and Playground area for Fellowship
Projects will include
- Assembling Birthday Bags
- Writing messages to soldiers on colorful postcards
- Making fleece blankets
- Decorating cookies to give away
- Writing letters to elected leaders
- Weeding at the park
10:30 form carpool for those interested in participating in a Hymnsing at Chippewa Manor from 10:50-11:20 a.m. All ages and singing abilities are welcome!
Colorful Postcards: WE NEED POSTCARDS FOR GOD’S WORK, OUR HANDS!! Imagine the life of a soldier where the routine can be monotonous, and life in the desert is very tan. . . the sand, the tents, the concrete, the uniforms, etc. To lift the spirits of the soldiers serving in the desert, an ELCA Chaplain requests that we send colorful postcards with a “Dear Soldier” note on the back. Postcards may come from vacations, art museums, local sites, or wherever you find some colorful postcards.
To help with this project:
- Bring colorful postcards to God’s Work. Our Hands. Or you may drop off the postcards at the church office in advance (put them in Pastor Karen’s mail slot).
- Spend some time on Sept. 8 adding uplifting messages and/or pictures on the postcards. An assortment of pens and colored pencils will be provided.